- Under the age of 65
- Has served a minimum of 180 days of active duty service with an Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard unit
- Illinois resident
- Is either ineligible for or unable to access USDVA behavioral health services
- Must wait more than 10 days for an appointment for USDVA services because:
- The closest USDVA site is more than 25 miles away from the veteranís home
- Must wait more than 10 days for an appointment for USDVA care
- Is not an inmate of public institution or a resident of a nursing facility
Spouse and dependent children of eligible veterans are also eligible for covered services.
Covered services for veterans include:
- Veterans who are ineligible for USDVA care or who must travel more than 25 miles for USDVA care are offered 30 face-to-face visits for
counseling services in an outpatient setting
- Veterans who must wait more than 10 days for an appointment with USDVA are offered 6 face-to-face visits for
counseling services in an outpatient setting, or until the first USDVA appointment occurs
- The annual benefit for veterans includes any combination of individual, group, medication management, psychological testing, or
intensive outpatient (IOP) visits.
Each IOP visit accrues against the annual benefit at the rate of 2 outpatient visits for each IOP session
- The benefit includes coverage for neuropsychological testing for a mild traumatic brain injury, including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
Covered services for spouse and dependent children include:
- Spouse and children are offered 6 face-to-face visits for counseling in an outpatient setting.
All services for veterans, spouse, and children have a $5 copay for each visit.
Legal and Financial
As part of your program, legal and financial services are available to you and your family.
Professional Legal and Financial Consultation
- Legal Consultation: You can receive up to a 60 minute telephone or face-to-face consultation with an attorney on any type of legal
matter. The 60 minute offering is available free for one consultation per topic each year. For services beyond the 60 minutes, members receive a preferred
discount rate of 25% off the hourly fee.
- Financial Consultation: Your program offers you up to a 60 minute telephone consultation with a financial counselor on issues such as budgeting,
debt consolidation, loans, mortgage assistance, retirement, saving for college, IRS matters and other financial topics. This telephone consultation is free.
Tools and Resources
You can access many of the tools and resources online through your program's website. Tools and resources include:
- Hundreds of articles and guides
- Legal and financial frequently asked questions answered by professional experts
- Online financial calculators and estimator tools
- Legal and financial forms and resources based on specific topics
- Interactive legal forms such as wills that you can complete and save online
Access the legal and financial online resources today.
Use these screening tools to help identify some of the feelings you may be having.
Traumatic Brain Injury Screening Tool
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Screening Tool