The services offered through the IWAP are offered to you and your eligible family members. These services include: IWAP provides referrals and counseling services for eligible veterans and their family members who may need additional help coping with transition and emotional feelings related to any military service.
Veteran Eligibility Requirements:
- Under the age of 65
- Has served a minimum of 180 days of active duty service with an Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard unit
- Illinois resident
- Is either ineligible for or unable to access USDVA behavioral health services
- Must wait more than 10 days for an appointment for USDVA services because:
- The closest USDVA site is more than 25 miles away from the veteran’s home
- Must wait more than 10 days for an appointment for USDVA care
- Is not an inmate of public institution or a resident of a nursing facility
Spouse and dependent children of eligible veterans are also eligible for covered services.
Covered services for veterans include:
- Veterans who are ineligible for USDVA care or who must travel more than 25 miles for USDVA care are offered 30 face-to-face visits for counseling services in an outpatient setting
- Veterans who must wait more than 10 days for an appointment with USDVA are offered 6 face-to-face visits for counseling services in an outpatient setting, or until the first USDVA appointment occurs
- The annual benefit for veterans includes any combination of individual, group, medication management, psychological testing, or intensive outpatient (IOP) visits. Each IOP visit accrues against the annual benefit at the rate of 2 outpatient visits for each IOP session
- The benefit includes coverage for neuropsychological testing for a mild traumatic brain injury, including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
Covered services for spouse and dependent children include:
- Spouse and children are offered 6 face-to-face visits for counseling in an outpatient setting.
All services for veterans, spouse, and children have a $5 copay for each visit.