About The Illinois Warrior Assistance Program
The Illinois Warrior Assistance Program (IWAP) provides confidential assistance for returning Illinois veterans as they transition back to daily living after serving our country. IWAP is also available to family members including the spouse and child(ren) of eligible veterans.
Our goal is to help service members and their families deal with the emotional challenges they may be facing, especially when dealing with emotional challenges and struggles such as:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Coping with daily emotions
- Addictions and Substance Abuse
- Overall emotional wellness